How can I cure or treat bunions? They are noy painful but look very not attractive. How long is treatment? And does a pain reliever helps?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depend

If the patient old or young.
If he or she young and the bunion clear after the x-ray and some measument to the angle between 1 & 2 toe, i think should corrected surgicaly.I f the patient middle age and up if there not painfullwe could wait to do surgery.You could wear wide sheo, pain medicne help but how long you want to take it. The to do use recomenep sling and pads and anti-infamory medecation.

In brief: It depend

If the patient old or young.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied

In brief: Surgical

Intervention. The decision on what to do is up to you since the bunions are not painful.

In brief: Surgical

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
The only cure to make a bunion disappear is surgical correction. I am not an advocate of cosmetic bunion surgery but the foot belongs to you so does the choice.
Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry

In brief: Wider shoes

Bunions can be relieved with wider shoes, antiinflammatory medications and sometimes padding.
These treatments will not prevent the formation of bunions nor prevent them worsening. Surgery is the only treatment to correct the bunion deformity. If there is no pain I do not recommend surgery for bunions. Recovery from surgery is typically 3 months.

In brief: Wider shoes

Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John