Upper left stomach pain I have GERD ulcer and hernia. Taking nexium (esomeprazole)?

NEXIUM (esomeprazole) =GOOD. I assume you had a 'scope' (an egd) to diagnose the 'ulcer'. An esophageal ulcer (gerd ulcer) and hiatal hernia can be painful conditions. Nexium (esomeprazole) is a powerful acid blocker (ppi) and an excellent choice to treat 'too much stomach acid.' lifestyle changes will also help: cut caffeine, alcohol and smoking. You need to be seen quickly if signs of bleeding: black stools/ vomiting 'coffee grounds'.
GERD. If you have damage to your esophagus from gerd, the encounters taken for 6-8 weeks should allow healing, but will not cure the reflux. Gerd can be anatomically treated with endoscopic procedures and surgical procedures - both acceptable, but require testing to make sure you would be a candidate and the procedure could meet your goals. If the hiatal hernia is large, may need surgey.