How do you heal moccasin type athletes foot?

In brief: Topical

Anti-fungals work well.

In brief: Topical

Anti-fungals work well.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger

In brief: Hygeine/medication

Wear absorbant socks, let feet air out when possible.
Dry thoroughly after bathing. A small amount of powder can be used in shoes. Spray shoes with lysol. Topical antifungals medication is first line treatment. In severe cases, oral medication can be used.

In brief: Hygeine/medication

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me help

Moccasin-type infection is hard to treat because the sole of the foot is thick and does not respond well to non prescriptions antifungal.
Treatment often involves using a prescription antifungal cream that will penetrate into the sole of the foot. Sometimes, prescription oral antifungal medications are also used.Once moccasin-type athlete’s foot is healed, it is very important to take preventive.

In brief: Let me help

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Shontae Buffington