The nail on my left big toe is ligh brown/gray and is very corse feeling to it. It has stopped growing as well. What is it? What can I do to fix it?

In brief: Injury or fungus
Either ay the best thing would be to have the toenail removed.

In brief: Injury or fungus
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Onychomycosis
This is likely a fungal infection of the toenail (onychomycosis) -- treatment options include medications (taken once daily for three months), seeing a podiatrist to have the nail addressed, or the use of otc vicks vapo rub (there is anecdotal evidence to support the use of vicks vapo rub twice daily for several months to reduce the coarseness of the nail).

In brief: Onychomycosis
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Nail fungus
I suggest you go to a podiatrist .
There are many treatments for fungus.

In brief: Nail fungus
I suggest you go to a podiatrist .
There are many treatments for fungus.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger