What kind of physical symptoms are caused by dissociative identity disorder, like low libido, spacing out unable to hear what people say, memory loss?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: These are many

People with dissociation experience many physical sensations.
Headaches are extremely common. Abdominal pain is less common but not uncommon. Pain in the vaginal and uterine areas is not uncommon. If the person is still being abused and being hurt by someone, then there can be bite marks, whip marks, bruises from beatings, broken bones, and some things that are simply too gross to describe here. It is important to decide whether the symptoms are occurring in the present or whether they are occurring as a result of memories from the past. This is not always easily done. I have seen women who have spent years in wheelchairs and who have been declared paralyzed, even by some of the most prestigious universities in this country. It never took more than one or two hours of therapy to find the underlying truth of their trauma to free them from the ravages of paralysis. Some of these women were paralyzed for up to 15 years. The list of symptoms is as varied as the human body. I have seen things that i never thought were possible, such as the eyes suddenly darting down into the sockets so that i could only see the whites of the person's eyes. Fortunately in that case i knew the woman's neurologist in the practice right down the hall from you so i immediately brought him in and i asked him if he had ever seen anything like that and he responded "not in a live person. So, your answer is a long one and yet very incomplete. I hope that for you the symptoms are few and that you will thrive even as you relive some of the past that caused you to dissociate in the first place.

In brief: These are many

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: No symptoms

No physical symptoms expected.

In brief: No symptoms

No physical symptoms expected.
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Jane Van Dis