How can I get my baby to let me comfort her when she cries?

Dr. Michael Pappas

In brief: Gentle reassurance

By being there for your child, and using soothing techniques: quiet voice and gentle touch, he/she will eventually realize that you will make him/her feel better. It's easy to get frustrated when your own child won't come to you, but be patient and your love will shine through.

In brief: Gentle reassurance

Dr. Michael Pappas
Dr. Michael Pappas

In brief: Be patient

It may help you to look into t.
Barry brazleton's series on early infant behavior to realize how different babies can be.His early work noted a broad range of baby behavior from the "hot wire" who was never happy reguardless of what you do, to the "cool dude" who was happy with anything. Most babies lie between. Try not to give baby responsiblity for judging your mommy efforts, their new to this.

In brief: Be patient

It may help you to look into t.