Upper abdominal pain, 3 weeks postpartum, goes away when I sit down, painful to stand up and walk around. Painful to the touch and when I press in. ?

Danielle Jones

In brief: See Doctor

It is not normal to have upper abdominal pain 3 weeks postpartum. Even if you have had a c-sec.
The discomfort would be mid-lower abdomen. It is true that you could have an infection, which is very serious. Please go your OB asap, if you can't get an immed. Appt. Go to the er and make sure you tell them you are 3 wks postpartum; they should evaluate you stat-no waiting. Go now.

In brief: See Doctor

Danielle Jones
Danielle Jones
Answer assisted by Danielle Jones, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham