What's the best treatment for painful sesamoids?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Were is the sesmoid?
I think you are talking about the foot, non-surgical treatment: padding called dancer pad.
Removal of callus surgical treatment, removal of the sesmoid bone surgical.

In brief: Were is the sesmoid?
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine
In brief: Further Evaluate
If pain has been ongoing for several daysand or an injury occurred then have it evaluated with xrays to rule out a fracture or possibly by an MRI to rule out stress injury.
Rarely is surgery indicated. Most sesamid problems can be treated conservatively by unloadind the sore spot on the seasmoids. Rest, proper shoe wear, dancer pads, modifying a cleat putting pressure on the sesamoids can help.

In brief: Further Evaluate
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine