Why does my knee hurt when I walk 7 months after arthroscopic surgery?

Dr. Don Buford
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Arthritis/Chondrosis
It depends on the reason you had surgery.
You could have ongoing osteoarthritis that can continue to bother patients after arthroscopy. If you had any chondromalacia that can cause persistent knee discomfort even after arthroscopy also. If you had ligament reconstruction there could be other reasons as well. Any significant functional limitations should be evaluated by your surgeon.

In brief: Arthritis/Chondrosis
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
When you have the surgery for cartilage tear, you could also some arthritis in the knee that could the cause of the pain, check with the surgeon for to see if they found any changes in the joint during the arthroscopy.

In brief: Let me explain
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
I agree. If the purpose of the surgery was to correct a problem from a torn meniscus, that problem should be gone. But there may also be some other degenerative changes which may continue to cause problems. There may be further need for other treatments such as nsaid, cortisone injection or viscosupplementation.
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery