Why do I have cramps 3 days after my period?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Ovary cyst

Your period stops as a result of increasing estrogen levels as the next cycle develops.
The increasing estrogen is being produced by the ovaries. One of the ovaries will have a cyst that is beginning to enlarge - that could be the source of your cramps.

In brief: Ovary cyst

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Renee Harris

In brief: Many thngs

It could be pain from ovulation (mittleschmirtz), but many other things can cause pain.
Bowel spasms or bladder spasms could feel the same. It us very hard to define where the pain is coming from by the patient. An evaluation by a physician is a good idea.

In brief: Many thngs

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Adam Levy