I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have a swollen ankle only in one leg though.What is it amd what can I do to help the swelling go down?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Pedal edema

The majoriy of women will experience leg swelling (pedal edema) during pregnancy, and for most it will increase as the pregnancy progresses.
Usually this type swelling is worse in the evening and better in the morning - and there is no treatment needed. However, if you are having calf pain, the possibility of a blood clot is increased and you should be seen immediately - as dr tokarz noted.

In brief: Pedal edema

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz

In brief: Provider

Could be a blood clot in that leg ! see your personal provider to further evaluate the cause.

In brief: Provider

Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz

In brief: May be

The position of the baby.
Elevate your feet. Check with your ob. Support hose can control swelling.

In brief: May be

The position of the baby.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham