How long do I need to be off humira (adalimumab) both before and after a shingles vaccination?

Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: One month

The manufacturer states to remain off Humira (adalimumab) and other tnf Alpha antagonists for one or more months after the discontinuation of these drugs before receiving the shingles vaccine.
Ideally, this could be done one month or more before receiving the vaccine also.

In brief: One month

Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Unknown

I don't believe there is any concrete answer to this question, yet.
It is not recommended to be used together. Humira has a half-life of up to 20 days..Meaning after getting a dose, there is still half of it in your system after 20 days. Probably 2-3 months before the vaccine would be ok and retart after 4 weeks would be reasonable.. Check with your docs...

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis