My pth levels are low they say 9...They found high calcium levels in my blood 11.7 ..How concerned should I be?

Dr. David Kam
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hypercalcemia

It can be caused by many medical conditions.
See an endocrinologist for work up and treatment.

In brief: Hypercalcemia

Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: HIgh Calcium, low PT

You need to see a physician to find out the cause of your high calcium (c) level.
You probably do not have primary hyperparathyroidism, as your parathyroid gland is not producing PTH due to your high c level. Causes could be hyperthyroidism, vit d intoxication, sarcodosis and tumors that have metastasized to bone, among others. Unfortunately, there no good causes of high c. See a doctor soon.

In brief: HIgh Calcium, low PT

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Brendan Stack Jr.
Surgery - Head & Neck

In brief: Low PTH high calcium

You need o have this investigated.
The PTH is low because your calcium is high. The reason for the high calcium needs to be investigated including diet, medications, cancer, etc.

In brief: Low PTH high calcium

You need o have this investigated.
Dr. Brendan Stack Jr.
Dr. Brendan Stack Jr.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil