My BP was 120/80 pulse 100. I do get anxious at dr office. Dr gave me atenolol 25mg. Im scared to take as i had bad reaction to prinivil (lisinopril). Is mednece?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Rapid pulse

I suggest that you speak to your physician why you were placed on atenolol (a).
You are 33 year old woman who is not hypertensive. Unless you periods of rapid heart beats that are symptomatic for you, perhaps your physician might reconsider the initiation of a in your case. Good luck.

In brief: Rapid pulse

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Hypertension

I see no reason to treat a normal blood pressure and a "white coat" tachycardia.
I would just ask for some repeat vitals later and then have a discussion if necessary.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology