Should i be worried if only one of my liver enzyme tests came back elevated? They never told me which one just to quit drinking and retest in a month?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Liver

Yes. All elevated liver enzymes can mean danger. There is no medication to improve the liver. It has to heal on it's own.
Thus when there is liver inflammation one must cut out the toxic things that are possible reasons for the liver trouble. It is not to be ignored.

In brief: Liver

This is very good advice. If the enzyme is still up after you stop alcohol, you'll get a workup that may reveal treatable, serious disease. This is common and saves many lives. Good luck.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela