I have suffered with policemans heel for about 6 years now but now it feels like when i stand my ankle goes to oneside! what could it be please?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Which side?

Are up ieaning too ?

In brief: Which side?

Are up ieaning too ?
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Bursa pain

Sorry to hear. If you've had a bursa in your heel for so long without relief from nonsurgical treatment, you may benefit from surgical excision of this bursa.
As for your ankle falling to one side, this may be related to either deformity of your foot (flatfoot) or ankle (ankle valgus. For those deformities, bracing may help. Hope this helps.

In brief: Bursa pain

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
3 comments
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Welcome, if you have any more questions, please let me know. Also, please vote for me or follow my profile if you can. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Dr. Leo Krawetz
I disagree. Never surgically remove a heel bursa. Cortisone injections will shrink the bursa as will icing.
Dr. Andrea Brand