Who is most at risk for acquiring pneumonia?

Dr. Michael Borookhim

In brief: A variety of

Individuals. The can range from, diabetics, anyone who is immunocompromised due a multitude of diagnosis for example hiv, the elderly, those in nursing homes, asthmatics, hospitalized patients, people who are at risk for aspiration.
I strongly urge all those above 55 to get the pneumonia vaccine, and any patient noted above or has had pneumoniain the past.

In brief: A variety of

Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Elderly

Elderly folks and those with chronic illness like diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure or those who are on immunosuppressive medications, like prednisone.

In brief: Elderly

Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Dr. Mark Avdalovic