I have congenital spinal stenosis and have had two back surgeries, involvong laminectomies and chip removal. What is my best remedy?

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Weight control

I am sorry for your condition but you can at least control your weight -- the lighter you are the less strain to the back and legs.

In brief: Weight control

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Should have had it

Even after the first surgery, the rate of success should have been good unless you smoke, are obese, a diabetic, all the the above- or had a significant surgical complication with either one could compromise results.
Maybe there is another reason for your symptoms. Get a second opinion from a spine surgeon

In brief: Should have had it

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: Depends

There is no specific remedy for spinal stenosis.
My remedy, i assume you mean something to relieve the pain. Many things have been tried-epidural steroid injections, surgery, spinal cord stimulation. A new procedure that shows promise is referred to as the mild procedure. Mild stands for minimally invasive lumbar decompression.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Cindy Juster