Within the past 3 days, I ran outof neurotin fir diabetic neuropathy. I am experiencing bad depression. Is this a function of stopping neurotin?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Neurontin (gabapentin)

It is very likely due to stopping Neurontin (gabapentin) precipitously.
Neurontin (gabapentin) needs to be tapered over >7days when discontinuing because of the risk of withdrawal.

In brief: Neurontin (gabapentin)

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Also risk seizures if stop abruptly
Dr. Julie Stevens

In brief: YES

Neurontin (gabapentin) is a seizure medication that is effective in neuropathic pain.
Off label it has mood stabilizing properties also. So you could be experiencing both increased pain and a sudden stop of a med that my have been helping with your mood. So i don't believe stopping it caused a clinical depression, but could certainly lower your mood and energy levels. Sounds like a refil is in order.

In brief: YES

Dr. Julie Stevens
Dr. Julie Stevens

In brief: It may be.

Please notify your doctor immediately to that you can restart your neurotin.

In brief: It may be.

Dr. Steven Seres