What can I do to help pass a kidney stone? I was at the ER last night and they said it was close to my bladder & it could pass anytime soon.

Dr. Peter Corrado
In brief: A few things
The likelyhood of passing a stone depends on certain factors.
Larger stones and those higher up in the ureter are less likely to pass. Some medicines like tamsulosin or Nifedipine may help and analgesia is often important. Staying hydrated is usually recommended although overdoing this with an obstructing stone could cause problems. It's important to follow up to assure that the stone has passed.

In brief: A few things
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Lots of water
Drink lots of water.

In brief: Lots of water
Drink lots of water.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine