I have had mouth ulcers for over 4wks now. Is there anything I could do to get rid of them. As soon as one goes another has already popped up.?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Time for appointment

Canker sores, fever blisters, herpangina & the ulcers of hand-foot-mouth syndrome all resolve in 1-2 weeks.
If they recur they usually do so after an interval of at least 1-2 months. Chronic cankers suggest behcet's disease, mouth dryness as in sjogren's syndrome or even mucositis. These are conditions that require you to see your doctor.

In brief: Time for appointment

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Great answer. If this has become chronic, another possible differential could be gluten intolerance, or celiac, which typically affects the villi lining the small intestine but can cause ulceration or inflammation in the mouth or other parts of the digestive tract.
Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Depends...

You need to see a physician to determine the cause- if it's herpes, then you may need Acyclovir and testing to see if you ahave an immunodeficiency.
Alternatively, if you are consuming very acidic foods, then they will only serve to inflame the ulcers. Additional possible causes includes an adverse drug event, stress-related ulcer, and several others.

In brief: Depends...

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
May I ask what was the impression?