I have irregular periods.Usally im a heavy bleeder but 2 days ago I bleed for about a hr & eversince its been a brown like discharge. What is this be?

Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Abnormal bleeding.

There is no way to know what is going on from your history.
The most important consideration is whether abnormal bleeding problem is associated with pregnancy, and more specifically an ectopic [tubal] pregnancy. Check a home pregnancy test, and if positive or you have pain on one side, check in with your physician without delay.

In brief: Abnormal bleeding.

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Menses Different

I agree with dr p; the serious reason for abnormal bleeding would be an ectopic pregnancy (risk is about 0.
5% in normal population). I find that many woman have an unexplained change in bleeding every once in a while. If it does not recur or is very infrequent, then not worth testing. Get pregnancy test and see your doc if you are still worried or it recurs. Best wishes.

In brief: Menses Different

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham