Lips are always dry and recently the bit above my lips (above cupids bow) have been dry and cracked and it won't heal. What's wrong?

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology

In brief: Dry lips

Dry lips can be caused by a whole lot of things, including mouth- breathing, contact allergies to lipstick or lip balm, picking, licking, and many others.
Try stopping all applications and use aquaphor after moistening your lips with water. If this doesn't help, it's off to the dermatologist with you!

In brief: Dry lips

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology

In brief: Please see

Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options.
You probably have eczema or are allergic to a product you use on your lips but it could also be something else. This needs to be physically looked at.

In brief: Please see

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Bag Balm

Bag balm is an old vermont formulation that was originally made for cow udders.
(yes, cow udders - that's the "bag" part.) it comes in a little square green 1-ounce tin; some drug stores carry it, and i think you can get it online. Nothing works better on chapped lips, in my experience. (no financial interest.) also, make a conscious effort to avoid licking lips, which just makes dryness worse.

In brief: Bag Balm

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern