What can cause you to have burning sensation on top of you toes?

Dr. Joan Gelin
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Sensory changes

Another name : paresthesias.
Direct trauma to your feet. Nerve damage from long-term diabetes (> 10 years). Other neurologic diseases (like multiple sclerosis, spinal cord damage, stroke, etc...). Sometimes a specific cause is not found through the battery of testing. Please talk with your primary care doctor and work on learning the cause of this problem together.

In brief: Sensory changes

Another name : paresthesias.
Dr. Joan Gelin
Dr. Joan Gelin

In brief: Numbness

Burning pain can be the result of nerve damage.
The damage can be the result of direct injury or from certain medical conditions. Damage to the spinal cord can also cause pain in the extremities. I would suggest evaluation by a podiatrist or primary care physician.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Glenn Aufseeser
Dr. Glenn Aufseeser