I have a herniated disk in my L4 l5. I just got a chiropractor and saw a pt earlier today...What if my whole back gets cramped?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an orthopod

If you know you have a herniated l 4-5 disc, you have probably had someone look at it of quality.
You will have pain on motion, and numbness over the top of your thigh on that side. As long as you have no muscle function loss, you can wait for a while. Take nsaids like ibuprofen, ice the back (do not use heat), and rest. This may take several months. A chiro cannot help this at all.

In brief: See an orthopod

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Hopefully nonsurgica

Most minor herniated discs respond to manipulation and pt.
If pain does not respond to non-steroid analgesics live tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen you might need steroid injections into back. Worth seeing spinal specialist orthopedist or neurosurgeon if symptoms do not improve or increase + certainly if you develop any progressive neurologic symptoms (pain or numbness traveling down your leg).

In brief: Hopefully nonsurgica

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I do not understand

I understand you havel4l5 disc on the r side or the left? How advise you to get pt and manipulation? My advise to try either one first, and see what happen, hopfulley your back not cramped.

In brief: I do not understand

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine