What is axonal polyneuropathy? Had emg. Showed that and some carpal tunnel in arms. Have tingling numb in hands feet , chin, lips.Going to dentist

Dr. Eric Kelts
Neurology

In brief: Injury to axons

Catnix, an axonal polyneuropathy is a neuropathy involving multiple nerves that occurs from injury to the axons.
If your ncv/emg showed this, it is important to be certain that it is worked up completely to rule out B12 deficiency, hypo/hyperthyroidism, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, syphillis/hiv, and sarcoidosis. I would discuss further workup with your neurologist.

In brief: Injury to axons

Dr. Eric Kelts
Dr. Eric Kelts
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Nerve Disorder

A serious, unpredictable, occasionally progressive, and life threatening neurological disorder. It may be acute and appear without warning, or chronic and develop gradually over a longer period of time.
Frequently affect the feet and hands, causing weakness, loss of sensation, pins-and-needle sensations or burning pain. There are numerous conditions that can cause polyneuropathy.

In brief: Nerve Disorder

Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry

In brief: Nerve Disorder

Axonal polyneuropathy is a neurological disorder where the filaments that help keep the nerve shape and definition is disorganized so it affects nerve function.
I do know some symptoms can be difficulty walking and loss of coordination down the road.

In brief: Nerve Disorder

Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Eric Weisman