Can tmj/dental cause tingling numbness in chin, jaw and lips. I have polyneuropathy. Wasn't sure if its that or the dental. I do have dental issues.

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Doubtful

Tingling and numbness are not typical symptoms of tmd.
I would recommend that you see a dentist to address all your dental issues and evaluate your tmjoints, etc. I am assuming that you are under the care of a physician for the polyneuropathy who can address the medical issues.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Raj Upadya
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Possible...

Your dysthesia seems to be in the branch of the mandibular nerve, a branch of the trigeminal nerve.
Could be a form of trigeminal neuralgia, related to your poly neuropathy. Unless you had a procedure done, such as a wisdom tooth extraction, that damaged the nerve directly...

In brief: Possible...

Dr. Raj Upadya
Dr. Raj Upadya
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: TMJ tingling

Tmj is a catchall phrase for multiple symptoms.
Many nerves pass through this area and if the muscles, teeth and jaw joints are not in their most relaxed and comfortable position, discomfort can be felt throughout the head , neck, arms, and back.

In brief: TMJ tingling

Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Polyneuropathy

Much more likely due to your neurological problem than dental.

In brief: Polyneuropathy

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia