Why do I get skin lesions that are extremely painful at times?

Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Painful lesions??

Few lesions are painful, but there are some which are very painful: ie- one is typically located on the rim of the ear which are exquisitely painful.
The only treatment for these is to excise them. If you have skin tags which are catching on clothing, they can become very painful as well. I recommend having the painful lesions looked at to see if there is a treatment to prevent the pain.

In brief: Painful lesions??

Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Dr. Kimberley O'Sullivan
Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: Where are they?

Hard to say without asking a dermatologist, especially during one of these painful times.
Could be something like erythema nodosum, herpes zoster, lupus, or even bruising. Before you go to see your doctor, try to figure out if something is causing these lesions, such as a recent illness, exposure to something different, etc.

In brief: Where are they?

Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga