At what age can a baby take miralax (polyethylene glycol)? My pediatrician old me it is safe to give my 10 month old benefiber, but it is still not doing the trick.

In brief: I Rx it that young

I often use full strength apple or prune juice (not diluted baby juice)in infants.
It takes 2-4 days but in volumes of 1-2 oz /1-3xday it helps some.The mirilax was a prescription med before years of safe use let it come to the otc market. The pedi gi's in my neighborhood started using it >a decade ago in infants & i occasionally do.Start with teaspoon & increase as needed to get to soft stools.

In brief: I Rx it that young

Dr. Zoey Goore

In brief: Constipation

Miralax (polyethylene glycol) is ok for a 10 month old.
If your child has been constipated his whole life there may be other questions you need to ask. Like is there an underlying condition or problem with his intestines/bottom that needs to be helped/fixed? Have you tried adjusting the diet - more fiber containing foods, elimination diet to see if there is something giving him hard stools?

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: It is safe

It is safe to take MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) for a 10 month old, especially if constipation is a big problem. It can take between 1-4 days to really be effective.
Just follow the weight based dosing guidelines and you will be fine.

In brief: It is safe

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jonathan Jassey