I got skin burns due to applying garlic juice on my face. The burnt skin is peeling off after healing and pink skin is exposed. What should be applied to it to prevent blackening or scarring?

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Don't do home peels.

These are not standardized in strength, and may cause unpredictable results and side effects.
See a paramedical aesthetician next time you need a peel. For now, apply aquaphor ointment, 4 -6 times per day until healed, and go see a doctor to make sure you haven't given yourself a problem.

In brief: Don't do home peels.

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Michael Menachof
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Ointment

Use some ointment ( vaseline is a good choice) to keep it moist, do not expose the skin to the sun, and don't do that anymore.

In brief: Ointment

Dr. Michael Menachof
Dr. Michael Menachof
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: Antibiotic ointment

Wash dry and apply antibiotic ointment several times a day.
Don't reapply garlic juice.

In brief: Antibiotic ointment

Don't reapply garlic juice.
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care