Lung infection with sever asthma?

More common. Severe asthma reduces clearance of mucous and microoganisms (viruses & bacteria) from the lung. Long-standing severe asthma may lead to structural changes in the airway that compromise mucous clearance even more. Poor clearance of mucous & microorganisms from the breathing tubes is a clear risk factor for bronchitis and pneumonia. In children the leading risk factor for pneumonia is asthma.
Inhaled steroids. Recent studies have shown that asthmatics who employ inhaled steroids have an increased risk of pneumococcal pneumonia.