I have a tender spot on the back of my head. What could be the cause?

Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Probably nothing

You have probably bumped or irritated the "spot" in some manner. Have someone look to see if there is anything visable.
If not, give it a while. Remember, in medicine, something bad usually does not go away and gets worse and becomes apparent, if it goes away, it was nothing to start with.

In brief: Probably nothing

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Keira Barr
Dermatology

In brief: Get it checked

Several causes are possible including trauma, a plugged hair follicle or the beginnings of a cyst forming.
Other causes are possible as well, some of which require medical attention. If the tenderness persists, and/or a lesion develops in the area, best to have it checked by a physician.

In brief: Get it checked

Dr. Keira Barr
Dr. Keira Barr