Can colon tumors be seen on a lumbar spine mri?

Not really. It is windowed to focus on the lumbar spine so you don't really appropriately visualize the colon on the lumbar spine mri. This particular study is not a good study at all to evaluate the colon. To properly evaluate the colon, ask your doctor to inform you on what study is needed to properly visualize the colon.
Possibly. Though unlikely. Generally, a spinal MRI is focused on the spinal structures. However, it is possible. A bigger question would be why you think you have colon cancer.