When I get hungry, it feels like I need to satisfy it a lot more than before and I have upper middle stomach discomfort. What could be the cause?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: ? From too much acid

When you consider that much of the food you eat buffers acid in your stomach, anticipate that symptoms improved by meals may be due to peptic disease.
In fact, patients with increased stomach acid may gain weight when they satisfy their "hunger" repeatedly. Alternatively, you may now have an excessively fast GI transit, have a faster metabolism from disorders, vigorous exercise, stress reaction.

In brief: ? From too much acid

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Peter Kurzweil