What could be the cause of frequent lack of energy?

Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Lack of energy
There are many possible causes for low energy including depression, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anemia of various causes including nutritional deficiency, low testosterone levels, heart or lung diseases, sleep apnea, medication side effects, infectious diseases (hiv, hepatitis, etc), or even cancer.
So please go see a doctor to help you sort things out.

In brief: Lack of energy
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
a fairly comprehensive list. I would add autoimmune diseases and in the northeast-lyme disease
Dr. Yu Sun
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Several diseases
Such as heart failure, diabetes etc.
Some situation that related to unefficient sleep, for example sleep apnea also leads to lack of energy.

In brief: Several diseases
Such as heart failure, diabetes etc.
Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Maritza Baez
In brief: Many things
You can have sleep problems from snoring, apnea, restless legs, poor sleep hygeine, anxiety/depression, napping during the day, night seizures, noises in the neighborhood waking you up, bed bugs, waking up to use the bathroom, acid reflux, allergies, or any number of things.
I recommend seeing a doctor to get checked out.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez