After a night of sex, I have a bulge on the left side of my penis. There is no pain but it is discomforting. I wore a condom. Seems to be undertheskin?

Mike Moore

In brief: Fracture/hematoma...

If this happened after sex, it may be possible that you may have a small penile fracture.
When the penis is erect, sometimes when it is bent (during thrusting or movement during sex) or when you are using a unique position during sex, you can damage the connective tissue inside the penis and cause bruising. Seek medical attention if the area becomes tender, ulcerated or you have trouble urinating.

In brief: Fracture/hematoma...

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Mike Moore
No worries! As it heals it may cause scarring...affecting erections (think of a bent balloon blowing up), it it bothers you in any way, or if any other problems arise, see a doctor.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Bulge on Penis

I guess somebody has to look at it but it is suspicious for trauma from friction or reaction to the material of the condom ( latex or lubrication or spermicide).
A hematoma is another possibility. How long after sex did appear? If almost inmediate is traumatic or allergic. If several days after there could be a concern for herpes or other std.

In brief: Bulge on Penis

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine