Can anxiety give you a heart attack or heart problem? I can't exercise because i get shaky, weak short of breath during and fear it's my heart.

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Anxiety & heart

I agree with dr. Glassman's explanations.
If you've had a good evaluation with your primary care doctor, you know your physiology is in relatively good shape. However, deconditioning will leave you breathless, etc when working out -- at least at the beginning. You could see a psychologist for cognitive behavioral therapy, so that you can gradually and successfully increase healthy exercise.

In brief: Anxiety & heart

Dr. Charles Glassman

In brief: Anxiety & the heart

Anxiety is the feeling that derives from your brain detecting danger and causing you to fight and flee.
That will cause your heart rate to increase, blood pressure to rise, and breathing to become more rapid and shallow (among other things). The symptoms become a new danger as you fear a heart problem.Rarely it will cause that and almost never at your age.Focus on the cause of anxiety not symptoms.

In brief: Anxiety & the heart

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine