Premature ejaculation how to treat?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: Topical meds OR SSRi
'over-the-counter' Benzocaine can 'numb' the skin and allow prolongation of the time it takes to ejaculate.
One of the side effects of certain anti-depressants is delayed ejaculation. Ssri meds like zoloft (generic=sertraline) taken daily may also work but you must see a physician to get an rx. In this case, using sertraline is 'an off-label use' and requires a thorough discussion with provider.

In brief: Topical meds OR SSRi
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Mark Reynolds
In brief: Many options
Distract by thinking nonsexual thoughts.
 "stop and start":  stop stimulation before ejaculation for 30 seconds and restart. Repeat as desired.  "squeeze" method: man or partner gently squeezes the end of penis (where the glans meets the shaft) for several seconds. Stop stimulation for 30 seconds, and restart . repeat as desired. Ssris such as prozac (fluoxetine). use condom/local anesthetic cream.

In brief: Many options
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: PE
I have tried a few strategies for my patients to help delay the pe.
Using a condom with a numbing medication inside the condom desensitizes the the penis and will help to delay the time till ejaculation. Once the condom is off, the medication wears off in about 1/2 an hour. Another approach is using the side effect of a prescription medication such as zoloft or Paxil (paroxetine) to delay the ejaculation.

In brief: PE
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: PE

In brief: PE
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Topicals or oral med
Some "novacaine" type of topicals can help reduce the sensitivity and thus can prolong the time to climax.
Some medication such as prozac/xaxil/effexor can help prolonging the time...But these are not approved for such use...They are so-called "off-label-use".

In brief: Topicals or oral med
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian