An xray shows that I havr polyps on my vocal cord, what other than throat cancet could iy be?

Dr. Katharine Garnier
In brief: Polyps
See an ear, nose and throat doctor to actually look at your vocal cords, it is very difficult to diagnose this with an xray.
You can get benign polyps, warty growths and nodules for a variety of reasons. Please go to have it diagnosed completely, they can do any biopsies needed also.

In brief: Polyps
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Overuse
Cancer is an uncommon cause of lesions on the vocal cords.
The most common is growth of polyps which are like callouses and comes from over use, serious singing and chronic infection.

In brief: Overuse
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Seres