Can u get pregnant right after mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD removal? I got it removed 4 days ago and now I am bleeding could it b my period coming that soon or?

Dr. David Adler

In brief: Unlikely, but.....

You can get pregnant immediately after removal of an iud, depending where you are in your cycle.
That being said, if you are only 4 days post removal, it is too early to check a pregnancy test. Additionally, your periods may be irregular just after removing the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud. I recommend you wait a week, then check a urine pregnancy test. Best of luck!

In brief: Unlikely, but.....

Dr. David Adler
Dr. David Adler
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham