Why do I get hungry again about an hour after eating? I get weak feeling too

Dr. Joan Sy

In brief: Snack High In Carbs?

If you eat anything high in carbs it causes a rush of Insulin which then drives your blood sugar too low and you can get "hypoglycemic" even just after eating! basic rule you must not eat a greater than 2:1 ratio carbohydrate to protein intake at any time.
If you try this and still stay symptomatic you should seek medical testing and evaluation.

In brief: Snack High In Carbs?

Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Hypoglycemia

You propbably have what is called reactive hypoglycemia.
After you eat your blood sugar level rises, Insulin comes out to lower it back to normal. If this all happens fast, you will react to the fall in sugar by having the symptoms that you mention. The treatment is a six-meal low carbohydrate diet.

In brief: Hypoglycemia

Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Peter Kurzweil