What can I do about excessive wax build up in my ear?

OTC products. Some people are more "waxy" than others. Avoid putting cotton swabs (q-tips) into your ear canal as that can take some wax out and push some further in where it can build up. I'd start with one of the various over-the-counter ear wax treatment products. If this doesn't seem to help, or if you having other problems (like impaired hearing or pain) see your doctor.
Ear Cleaner. Neil med just came out with this awesome new ear wax removal cleaner. You can find it in any drug store. Give it a try and see if you like it. I have heard great things so far.