I have heart burn when I don't eat?

See your doctor. I recommend seeing your primary care physician or GI doctor to determine the cause of your symptoms. As some maybe acute or chronic and different tests will help determine the cause.
Not eating. Eating will place food and fluids into the stomach and reduce the ph, the acid effect on the lining. If you secret too much acid, due to stress, stimulant use, smoking, and others, not eating will allow the acid to damage the lining of your stomach, causing pain. You many need medication to reduce the acid, Tums (calcium carbonate) or other calcium based antacid may be sufficient and supply some needed calcium.