I have heart burn when I don't eat?

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice

In brief: See your doctor

I recommend seeing your primary care physician or GI doctor to determine the cause of your symptoms.
As some maybe acute or chronic and different tests will help determine the cause.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Not eating

Eating will place food and fluids into the stomach and reduce the ph, the acid effect on the lining.
If you secret too much acid, due to stress, stimulant use, smoking, and others, not eating will allow the acid to damage the lining of your stomach, causing pain. You many need medication to reduce the acid, Tums (calcium carbonate) or other calcium based antacid may be sufficient and supply some needed calcium.

In brief: Not eating

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Umesh Patel