I have pain hip pain on the right side right on the bone. It hurts when you push on it and walk. Should i go to pt? My muscles are always tight.

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

Pt will likely help you.

Pt will likely help you.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management

In brief: PT may help

Physical therapy may help .
But if the apin goes on a long time and you have stiff muscles the problem can be coming from the low back. A prolotherapist and evaluate the origin and treat the painful area . Visit www.Geetprolo.Com or www.Aaomed.Org for a prolotherapy doctor.

In brief: PT may help

Physical therapy may help .
Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Daniel Kessler

In brief: Get exam

With your gp, sometimes perhaps an x-ray if indicated and if it seems a benign process then yes, physical therapy can be helpful.
Sometimes it may also be your it band especially if you are a runner. Best wishes!

In brief: Get exam

Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Vikram Patel