I have been very sick with a fever for four days. I have been in bed for four days. Is bed rest okay when you are sick? When should I get out of bed?

Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Ok
Bed rest is fine.
You should listen to your body and let your energy level dictate your activity. If you continue to have fever though i would see your doctor and make sure you don't have an underlying bacterial infection.

In brief: Ok
Bed rest is fine.
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Thomas Doyle
Very prolonged inactivity can be bad, but a few days is likely fine. To reduce the risk of blood clots, be sure to move and stretch your legs frequently, even if you remain in bed.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Bed rest
Try to sit up on chair, lay down on a couch, rest in bed , alternate when awake.
Too much bed rest may cause back pain, weakens muscles, even cause constipation, or confusion. This is more significant on very i'll-elderly patient. Rest as you deemed necessary, no strict rules.

In brief: Bed rest
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Andrea Brand