My doctor pulled me off of 1.25mg of Xanax (alprazolam) cold turkey 5 months ago. Since then I have been sick, dizzy, depressed and anxious. How long will thislast?

Dr. Eric Levin

In brief: Should be over

If you were only taking xanax (alprazolam) .
125mg/day and even stopping abruptly, which is never a good idea, any wd should be over by now, . A good medical w/u checking thyroid etc. If not already done or perhaps your body is experiencing these symptoms because you do need medication. Therapy is always a good suggestion but these other questions need to be explored as well.

In brief: Should be over

Dr. Leslie Howell

In brief: Varies

Xanax (alprazolam) withdrawal can depend on the dose, how long you were taking it, the rate of discontinuing it and the individual.
For some people withdrawal symptoms can last from 6-12 months. Some individuals can experience withdrawal for even longer.

In brief: Varies

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine