My BP is 145/99 when waking, 130/88 after meds and 1 hr after breakfast, 115/74 at 2:00pm. Evening/night are within normal range. Is this normal?

Dr. John Weeks

In brief: Morning BP

Blood pressure readings may be higher in the morning because of sleep disorders like sleep apnea.
Your body also has higher cortisol levels early in the morning and that may contribute to higher readings then. If you take medicine for hypertension, they may have worn off by the next morning. Talk it over with your doctor.

In brief: Morning BP

Dr. John Weeks
Dr. John Weeks
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Good question

The new consensus on BP regimen is to take BP meds prior to sleep.
Simply due to the fact that most cardiovascular events occur around dawn. I suggest you change your regimen to pm dosing so when you wake up, you have a lower bp!

In brief: Good question

Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology