I am weezing in my right lung only but when I cough I can clear out the mucus. Then is clogs again and I weez. Any idea?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: See doctor...
You need your doctor to examine you to be certain that you are only wheezing on one side since sometimes the wheeze may be more prominent on one side but there is wheezing in both lungs.
If you truly have a one-sided wheeze, that indicates obstruction in that lung and you would need a bronchoscopy to determine what is obstructing the airway like a mucous plug, foreign body, tumor, etc. Good luck!

In brief: See doctor...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Peter Corrado
In brief: Needs further eval.
Wheezing is often reported by patients and is a common finding on examination of the lungs.
It is found in asthma, COPD and even at times with acute bronchitis. As a symptom it suggests spasm and inflammation of the airways. However persistant or recurrant unilateral wheezing needs a closer look for a foriegn body or mass causing a partial airway obstruction. See a pulmonologist for further eval.

In brief: Needs further eval.
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Mucous plugging
Sounds like you might have mucous plugs in your lungs.
This can happen with bronchitis and other medical conditions. Over the counter guafenacin (robitussin, mucinex) may be helpful. You should also see your doctor for evaluation. You may benefit from a prescription inhaler and if your symptoms don't resolve you might need further evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Mucous plugging
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine