Please explain the pain from pulmonary fibrosis, I do neuromuscular massage therapy and they will be my new client. ?

Dr. John Weeks

In brief: Usually painless

Pulmonary fibrosis describes scarring of lung tissue.
It cause shortness of breath, easy fatigue, sometimes weight loss, but is not in itself painful. If oxygen levels get too low it's possible that muscles might be more painful with use. I don't know of any reason why massage couldn't be done. Some patients may not be able to breathe comfortably lying flat.

In brief: Usually painless

Dr. John Weeks
Dr. John Weeks
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Pain uncommon

Pain is not a common symptom of pulmonary fibrosis since the lungs do not have nerve fibers that transmit pain.
There could be pain from the chest wall structures due to cough or the excess exertion of breathing, but this is certainly uncommon.

In brief: Pain uncommon

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Umesh Patel