Good day. My son still got 40.2 fever inspite of 3 paracetamol administered within the 24 hours. I'm putting cold towel in the forehead. Is this ok?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Use tepid water
To help with decreasing discomfort, many things have been tried including using cold water clothes.
As fever is an important way the body releases heat, cold water can actually make fever worse by triggering chills. Better to use warm/tepid water (70 degrees). Be sure child stays hydrated too.

In brief: Use tepid water
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
Ok to lower temperature by physical means.
Some pediatrics recommend both Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen together to control fever. Keep in touch with his pediatrician.

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: How does he look?
I wouldn't focus on the degree of his fever, i would focus on how he looks.
Fever is a normal part of the body's way of fighting infection. If he is really fussy, hard to arouse, not eating well, not drinking well, or not playful he needs to be evaluated. I would also take him to be evaluated if he is a young child, less than 3 years of age.

In brief: How does he look?
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine